In 2017, NJ SOPHE took the Healthy Meeting Pledge. This promotes health among our members and meeting attendees by following guidelines to make our meetings healthier.
The guidelines include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting physical activity breaks during meetings
- Making water the default beverage
- Offering fruits and/or vegetables whenever food is served
- Using appropriately-sized plates at meal buffets
- Reducing waste and encouraging recycling
NJ SOPHE encourages other organizations to take the pledge! Learn more about healthy meetings.